Steel Crate Games
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Windows / macOS / Linux:||USD $14.99|
|Nintendo Switch™:||USD $14.99|
|Xbox One:||USD $14.99|
|Meta Quest 1/2/3/Pro / Oculus Rift:||USD $14.99|
July 16, 2015 (Gear VR)
October 8, 2015 (Windows PC)
December 14, 2015 (macOS)
October 13, 2016 (PlayStation®VR)
November 10, 2016 (Daydream)
December 19, 2017 (Linux/SteamOS)
May 1, 2018 (Oculus Go)
August 16, 2018 (Switch/PS4/Xbox One)
May 21, 2019 (Oculus Quest)
August 1, 2019 (iOS/Android)
Windows (VR optional)
Meta Quest 1/2/3/Pro
Gear VR/Oculus Go/Daydream
Press / Business Contact:
You’re alone in a room with a bomb. Your friends, the “Experts”, have the manual needed to defuse it. But there’s a catch: the Experts can’t see the bomb, so everyone will need to talk it out – fast!
Put your puzzle-solving and communication skills to the test as you and your friends race to defuse bombs while attempting to communicate quickly before time runs out! Whether it’s defusing a bomb or deciphering information from the manual, everyone has a crucial role to play.
- A co-op party game for two or more players – While usually played in person together, you can play remotely using your favorite third-party voice chat service.
- Face challenging puzzles – Test the limits of your communication skills… and friendships?
- A different bomb every time – Procedurally generated puzzles keep the action fresh.
- Only one copy of the game needed to play locally – Have friends join in as Experts by printing or viewing the free Bomb Defusal Manual: www.bombmanual.com
- Mission and Free Play Modes - Missions increase in difficulty as new modules are introduced. Unlock Freeplay Mode to set the pace by configuring your own custom bombs.
- Steam Workshop mod support (Steam only) – Try new community-made modules, missions, and more from the Steam Workshop! (PC/Mac/Linux only)
- VR Supported – Enter an unmatched immersive experience, isolated from your Experts. Swap out between rounds and share the experience with your friends!
- Mixed Reality Supported (Quest 3/Pro only) - See your friends in the room with you while you select your next mission.
In 2014, three Ottawa-based developers, Ben, Allen, and Brian, entered the Global Game Jam where the theme was "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." At a loss for how to interpret this, they made a game where one player in virtual reality had to defuse a bomb with the help of their friends reading from a paper manual. It had no story, no characters, and required both a VR headset and a printer. Despite this, the idea proved hilarious and "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" was born.
After seeing the way that people responded to this early version the trio decided to pursue the project full-time, forming the studio Steel Crate Games. Many playtests and conferences later, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes was released on July 16, 2015.
Since then, the team has happily relocated to the Ottawa Capital Game Hub and has even expanded, welcoming their first full-time employee in 2017.
Today, Steel Crate Games continues to work to bring Keep Talking to as many players as possible.
Quest 3 Trailer YouTube
iOS and Android Trailer YouTube
PS VR Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Party Gaming (Winner)" Pocket Gamer - Mobile Gaming Awards, London, England, January 22, 2020
- "Excellence in Design (Winner)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Nuovo Award (Finalist)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Seumas McNally Grand Prize (Finalist)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Best Debut (Finalist)" Game Developer Choice Awards, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Debut Game (Finalist)" BAFTA Games Awards, London, England, April 7, 2016
- "Human Human Machine Award (Winner)" A.MAZE Awards, Berlin, Germany, April 22, 2016
- "Best Social Experience (Winner)" Proto Awards, Hollywood, CA, September 22, 2015
- "Most Innovative (Winner)" Proto Awards, Hollywood, CA, September 22, 2015
- "Excellence in Design (Honorable Mention)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 2-6, 2015
- "Destructoid Best of PAX: Editor’s Choice" PAX East, Boston, MA, March 6-8, 2015
- "Gamer’s Voice (Nominee)" SXSW Gaming Awards, Austin, TX, March 13-15, 2015
- "Media Choice Award (Winner)" IndieCade Festival, Culver City, CA, October 12th 2014
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Credits
Studio Operations Manager
Concept Artist and 3D Artist, Freelancer