Steel Crate Games
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
July 16, 2015 (Gear VR)
October 8, 2015 (Windows PC)
December 14, 2015 (macOS)
October 13, 2016 (PlayStation®VR)
November 10, 2016 (Daydream)
December 19, 2017 (Linux/SteamOS)
May 1, 2018 (Oculus Go)
August 16, 2018 (Switch/PS4/Xbox One)
Windows (Oculus Rift/HTC Vive optional)
Samsung Gear VR
Additional platforms TBA
|Nintendo Switch™:||USD $14.99|
|Xbox One:||USD $14.99|
|Gear VR/Oculus Go/Daydream:||USD $9.99|
Press / Business Contact:
One player is trapped in a room with a ticking time bomb they must defuse. The other players are the "Experts" who must give the instructions to defuse the bomb by deciphering the information found in the Bomb Defusal Manual. But there's a catch: the Experts can't see the bomb, so everyone will need to talk it out - fast!
In 2014, three Ottawa-based developers, Ben, Allen, and Brian, entered the Global Game Jam where the theme was "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." At a loss for how to interpret this, they made a game where one player in virtual reality had to defuse a bomb with the help of their friends reading from a paper manual. It had no story, no characters, and required both a VR headset and a printer. Despite this, the idea proved hilarious and "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" was born.
After seeing the way that people responded to this early version the trio decided to pursue the project full-time, forming the studio Steel Crate Games. Many playtests and conferences later, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes was released on July 16, 2015.
Since then, the team has happily relocated to the Ottawa Capital Game Hub and has even expanded, welcoming their first full-time employee in 2017.
Today, Steel Crate Games continues to work to bring Keep Talking to as many players as possible; most recently through the August 16, 2018 release on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, and Xbox One!
- Challenging puzzles – Test the limits of your communication skills… and friendships?
- A different bomb every time – Procedurally generated puzzles keep the action fresh.
- Local multiplayer party game – Bomb defusing is a team endeavor. Going solo is not an option!
- Only one copy of the game needed – If you can talk to the bomb Defuser, you can be their Expert. Try using your favorite voice chat service to play remotely.
- Mod support – Try new community-made modules, missions, and more from the Steam Workshop! (PC/Mac/Linux only)
- VR Supported – Enter an unmatched immersive experience, isolated from your Experts. Swap out between rounds and share the experience with your friends!
PS VR Trailer YouTube
Downloadable versions of the trailers as well as B-roll can be found here: Videos Folder
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Excellence in Design (Winner)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Nuovo Award (Finalist)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Seumas McNally Grand Prize (Finalist)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Best Debut (Finalist)" Game Developer Choice Awards, San Francisco, CA, March 16, 2016
- "Debut Game (Finalist)" BAFTA Games Awards, London, England, April 7, 2016
- "Human Human Machine Award (Winner)" A.MAZE Awards, Berlin, Germany, April 22, 2016
- "Best Social Experience (Winner)" Proto Awards, Hollywood, CA, September 22, 2015
- "Most Innovative (Winner)" Proto Awards, Hollywood, CA, September 22, 2015
- "Excellence in Design (Honorable Mention)" Independent Games Festival, San Francisco, CA, March 2-6, 2015
- "Destructoid Best of PAX: Editor’s Choice" PAX East, Boston, MA, March 6-8, 2015
- "Gamer’s Voice (Nominee)" SXSW Gaming Awards, Austin, TX, March 13-15, 2015
- "Media Choice Award (Winner)" IndieCade Festival, Culver City, CA, October 12th 2014
Request Press Copy
Please request a copy through Keymailer at https://www.keymailer.co/g/games/20110.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Credits
Studio Operations Manager
Concept Artist and 3D Artist, Freelancer